I am supposed to go back to Old Ortho in the morning for MRI results. I have decided I won't. I cannot justify the stress that hell hole causes me. Does it still hurt, yes. Do I need to know what do next, yes. I do not think it's necessary to go there. I called this afternoon to see if he'd bothered to read my results. He had not. I told her to have him call me before my appointment tomorrow. He won't. Instead I will begin calling when the phone lines go on in the morning and keep calling until there's an explanation. If the information warrants going in to the office I will, I'm not enjoying my condition. If it's a matter of picking up a prescription he can fax it to the pharmacy. In the worst case (which wouldn't at all surprise me) if he knows nothing then there's nothing he can do but offer pain meds.
I won't be too dopey to be articulate about my pain and I won't go back if I don't have to. If he knows nothing then I'll try to get in with "the back guy" and my new ortho's office. I suppose with an MRI from the surgeon who did my last surgery (but knows nothing about my pain) they may take me. This is me being hopeful.
I'm thinking horrific sprain or other such injury since I never did develop a fever. Other more scary things are possible, but less likely. If there's fluid in there at least it's a quick fix. A sponge left over from surgery would be infuriating and complicated. A tumor...well it's not because what are the odds (outside of prime time TV) that a person would develop a tumor in the same spot metal was removed 3wks earlier?
I think I'll have ice cream for breakfast tomorrow. Prayers for answers and relief please.