In my head I'm her. Freshly showered, hair brushed, make up on, cute dress, freshly pressed apron, clean kitchen and dinner on the stove. In reality? I'm less than put together and I've been unable to literally lift a finger towards cleaning the kitchen (or more accurately an arm). So, are there any House fans out there?
- 30 year old female (with Cerebral Palsy)
- Full spinal fusion 2yrs ago
- Hardware removal on 5/3/12 from my upper back.
- Wheelchair tipped over 5/13 and my upper back hit the front step. An X-ray was taken the following day, no injury.
- 5/21 severe pain starts.
- No fever, no redness, the skin is not hot to the touch.
- No injury recent to the pain.
- Some swelling.
- Taken Advil, used ice and heat.
- Vitals and blood work have not been taken.
- MRI taken 5/29 indicates a FRACTURE on T4
- More tests have been scheduled to confirm fracture and rule out bone infection.
- Pain continues to be debilitating.
Catch that? A spine fracture. How bad ass am I taking care of two kids with a spine fracture for two weeks with only Advil. I thought caring for and breastfeeding an infant after spinal surgery was hard...Well it was. This is equally difficult because I can move around, but using my arms is excruciating. So, I'm well enough to be up and around, but not functional. I have two kids and a puppy who depend on me.
Another weekend to live through before CT and bone scan on Tuesday. I'm pretty sure I glow in the dark at this point. Freaking ouch. Typing is becoming bothersome as well. I'm hoping this will all be over shortly. I have a life to get on with, this is nuts.